Security and Intelligence
The Security and Intelligence Secretariat provides advice and support to the Prime Minister and Cabinet on major security issues.
The Security and Intelligence Secretariat:
- Advises on national security and intelligence issues
- Supports Cabinet in managing national security and intelligence activities
- Coordinates federal activities within the security and intelligence community
- Coordinates federal responses to emergencies
- Maintains and strengthens relationships with Canada's allies on security and intelligence issues (including the Canada-U.S. border)
- Oversees security arrangements for the Prime Minister, the Governor General and Cabinet
- Advises departments and agencies on internal security issues
- Coordinates security for the parliamentary precinct
Cabinet Committee for Foreign Affairs and Security
The secretariat provides support and secretariat services to the Cabinet Committee for Foreign Affairs and Security . It also works closely with the Foreign Affairs and Defence Policy Secretariat on any foreign policy issues that come before the Committee.