Economic and Regional Development Policy
The Economic and Regional Development Policy Secretariat provides advice to the Prime Minister, the Cabinet and the Clerk of the Privy Council on key policy issues relating to the economy the environment and sustainable development.
- International trade
- Infrastructure and communities
- Regional development
- Sustainable development
- Natural resources
- Energy security
- Long-term economic growth and prosperity
- Advantage Canada follow-up
One of the secretariat's major responsibilities is to support the Cabinet Committee on Economic Growth and Long-term Prosperity, the Cabinet Committee on the Environment and Energy Security and related ad hoc committees.
In this role, the secretariat:
- Provides secretariat services
- Manages the flow of committee business
- Facilitates policy development (working with other government departments to prepare briefing notes and memoranda to Cabinet)