2015-2016 Part III - Departmental Performance Report (DPR)
Summary of Executive Correspondence Services Activities in 2014-15
|Services to the Prime Minister:|
|Management of correspondence1||Type of documents||Paper||Total|
|Request for greetings certificates||N/A||45,328||45,328|
|Greetings certificates sent||40,541||N/A||40,541|
|Management of phone calls||Phone calls received and processed||12,729|
|Management of mail campaigns||Write-in campaigns, petitions, carbon copies, junk mail, spam, unsolicited mail, mass mail out4||1,453,110|
|Services to PCO Ministers:|
|Management of correspondence||Incoming||Outgoing|
|President of the Queen’s Privy Council for Canada and Minister of Intergovernmental Affairs5||543||66|
|Leader of the Government in the House of Commons5||354||58|
|Minister of State for Democratic Reform5||566||126|
|Minister of Youth5||68||2|
|Minister of Intergovernmental Affairs5||5||0|
|Minister of Democratic Institutions55||1,020||530|
The total of 1,719,414 pieces of correspondence processed, mentioned on page 33, is the sum of total incoming correspondence to the Prime Minister (263,748), management of mail campaigns (1,453,110) and total incoming correspondence to PCO Ministers (2,556), as provided in the above table.
- There is a variance between the correspondence received and the correspondence sent because of the nature of the correspondence (e.g. thank you and congratulations letters; other messages that do not require a response or for which it would be inappropriate to respond; duplicates of correspondence received in various formats as well as requests for greetings received more than once for the same event).
- Priority email is processed as paper mail and is included in the paper mail total for priority mail.
- This category is comprised of special letters or emails sent that are not produced in response to initial incoming correspondence (e.g. Invitations to the Speech from the Throne).
- These documents are read, analyzed and tabulated to identify possible threats or share information with appropriate stakeholders.
- Includes paper mail and email.
- Date Modified: