Terms and Conditions
- Privacy Statement for Privy Council Office websites
- Using Files Located on Non-Government of Canada Servers
- Providing Content in Canada's Official Languages
- Linking to Non-Government of Canada Websites
- Ownership and Usage of Content Provided on This Site
- Trademark Notice
- Our Commitment to Accessibility
Privacy Statement for Privy Council Office websites
- Privy Council Office websites do not automatically gather personal information from you, such as your name, phone number or e-mail address. We only obtain this type of information if you supply it by sending us an e-mail or by completing an electronic form on the site. Please be reminded that unless specifically noted otherwise, electronic systems and e-mail are not secure information transmission methods, so it is not recommended to transmit sensitive personal information electronically.
- All personal information collected or held by this institution is protected under the federal Privacy Act. This Act governs the collection, retention, use and disposal of personal information and allows you a right of access to your personal information held by the institution.
- The information you provide us is used by Privy Council Office employees to respond to your request. We will share your information with another government department only if your inquiry relates to that department. We do not use the information to create individual profiles, nor do we disclose this information to anyone outside the federal government.
- The Privy Council Office does not use "cookies" to track how our visitors use this site or to determine sites previously visited. (A "cookie" is a file that may be placed on your hard drive without your knowledge by a website to allow it to monitor your use of the site.)
- The Privy Council Office employs software programs to monitor network traffic to identify unauthorized attempts to upload or change information, or otherwise cause damage. This software receives and records the Internet Protocol (IP) address of the computer that has contacted our website, the date and time of the visit and the pages visited. We make no attempt to link these addresses with the identity of individuals visiting our site unless an attempt to damage the site has been detected.
Questions or comments regarding this policy, or the administration of the Privacy Act in the Privy Council Office may be directed to the Privacy Coordinator by calling (613) 957-5210 or writing to:
- Privacy Coordinator
Privy Council Office
Room 1340, 55 Metcalfe Street
If you are not satisfied with our response to your privacy concern, you may wish to contact the Office of the Privacy Commissioner.
Using Files Located on Non-Government of Canada Servers
To improve the functionality of Government of Canada websites, certain files (such as open source libraries, images and scripts) may be delivered automatically to your browser via a trusted third-party server or content delivery network. The delivery of these files is intended to provide a seamless user experience by speeding response times and avoiding the need for each visitor to download these files. Where applicable, specific privacy statements covering these files are included in our Privacy Notice.
Providing Content in Canada's Official Languages
The Official Languages Act, the Official Languages (Communications with and Services to the Public) Regulations and Treasury Board policy requirements establish when we use both English and French to provide services to or communicate with members of the public. When there is no obligation to provide information in both official languages, content may be available in one official language only. Information provided by organizations not subject to the Official Languages Act is in the language(s) provided. Information provided in a language other than English or French is only for the convenience of our visitors.
Linking to Non-Government of Canada Websites
Links to websites not under the control of the Government of Canada, including those to our social media accounts, are provided solely for the convenience of our website visitors. We are not responsible for the accuracy, currency or reliability of the content of such websites. The Government of Canada does not offer any guarantee in that regard and is not responsible for the information found through these links, nor does it endorse the sites and their content.
Visitors should also be aware that information offered by non-Government of Canada sites to which this website links is not subject to the Privacy Act or the Official Languages Act and may not be accessible to persons with disabilities. The information offered may be available only in the language(s) used by the sites in question. With respect to privacy, visitors should research the privacy policies of these non-government websites before providing personal information.
Ownership and Usage of Content Provided on this Site
Materials on this website were produced and/or compiled by the Privy Council Office for the purpose of providing Canadians with access to information about the programs and services offered by the Government of Canada. You may use and reproduce the materials as follows:
Unless otherwise specified you may reproduce the materials in whole or in part for non-commercial purposes, and in any format, without charge or further permission, provided you do the following:
- Exercise due diligence in ensuring the accuracy of the materials reproduced;
- Indicate both the complete title of the materials reproduced, as well as the author (where available); and
- Indicate that the reproduction is a copy of the version available at [URL where original document is available].
Unless otherwise specified, you may not reproduce materials on this site, in whole or in part, for the purposes of commercial redistribution without prior written permission from the Privy Council Office (PCO).
Some of the content on this site may be subject to the copyright of another party. Where information has been produced or copyright is not held by Government of Canada, the materials are protected under the Copyright Act, and international agreements. Details concerning copyright ownership are indicated on the relevant page(s).
For any questions or to obtain permission to reproduce Government of Canada materials on this site for commercial purposes write to:
- Privy Council Office
85 Sparks Street
Telephone: (613) 957-5153 (9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. EST)
TTY: (613) 957-5741
Fax: (613) 957-5043
The official symbols of the Government of Canada, including the Canada Wordmark, the Arms of Canada, and the flag symbol may not be reproduced, whether for commercial or non-commercial purposes, without prior written authorization.
Our Commitment to Accessibility
The Government of Canada is committed to achieving a high standard of accessibility as defined in the Standard on Web Accessibility and the Standard on Optimizing Websites and Applications for Mobile Devices. In the event of difficulty using our Web pages, applications or device-based mobile applications, please contact us for assistance or to obtain alternative formats such as regular print, Braille or another appropriate format.
- Date Modified: